The School Board of the City of Virginia Beach voted to name Dr. Donald Robertson Jr. as superintendent at its meeting Jan. 23. A native of Hampton Roads, Dr. Robertson began his career as a math teacher with Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) in 1988 and progressed in leadership roles including assistant principal of Bayside High School, principal of Salem High School, chief strategy and innovation officer, chief schools officer, chief of staff and acting superintendent.
School Grading Practices
The School Board policies and administrative regulations governing the administration of grading and reporting student progress are incorporated in the following procedures and practices.
- Attendance – School Board Policy 5-17 and School Board Regulation 5-17.1
- Homework – School Board Regulations 6-54.2 and 6-54.3
- Promotion, Retention and Acceleration – School Board Policy 5-27 and School Board Regulation 5-27.1
- Reporting Student Progress – School Board Regulation 5-28.1 and School Board Policy 6-72 and School Board Policy Regulation 6-72.1
- Student Scholastic Records – School Board Policy 5-31
- Custody Students – School Board Regulation 5-10.2